* Sandcutters, the ASPS quarterly poetry journal, which publishes winning poems from ASPS contests.
* ASPS Newsletter, news of ASPS, branches, and members.
Members Meet Other Poets
* ASPS Annual Poetry Contest include invited and open readings, workshops and more.
* ASPS Annual Fall Conferences combine speakers, open readings, panels or workshops, winning poems, and much more.
* At regular and special branch meetings throughout the state, read and hear poetry, participate in workshops, etc.
* Some branches on occasion have special brunches, programs, and events.
Benefits of Automatic Membership in The National Federation of State Poetry Societies (NFSPS)
* Strophes, quarterly bulletin of national and state news, contest listings, etc.
* Authorization to enter the NFSPS Annual National Contest(48 Categories with a single 8.00 entry fee.) (ASPS dues must be paid by January 1 of the contest year.)
* Authorization to enter the NFSPS Stevens Manuscript Contest
* Opportunity to attend the annual NFSPS National Convention.
Members May Compete in
* ASPS Annual Contest (up to 20 categories with nominal entry fees in each)
* ASPS Monthly Contests for members only (3 categories, no entry fees)
* Occasional Branch Contests
Annual dues are $25.00 and are due January 1 of each year. Branches may also have dues of $5.00 which are also due January 1 of each year. Those who donate $10.00 or more above membership fees will be listed as Patrons of ASPS.